The following outlines the auctioning features for our product. These are the day-to-day features you can offer your buyers and sellers:
7-Day Free Trial Try our auction software for 7-Days for free!
- Incremental bidding
- Auto-bidding – bidders can set a maximum bid and leave the system to bid on their behalf
- Sealed Bids – hidden bids, often used for pledges or sealed bid auctions.
- Buy Now bidding – an instant purchase can be made. This can be connected to a payment system and purchase made on line immediately
- Winning/Losing indicators – graphical display of the users current position
- ‘My Bids’ - bidders can see instantly their position for all lots they are bidding on.
- Opening bid – the level the first bid in the auction starts
- Bid increments – the minimum bid that must be placed to increase the bidding
- Reserves – the value that must be reached before the item will be sold. Lots can be made to “show reserve temperature” – i.e. page will show whether or not the reserve has been exceeded
- Set start and end date and time for lot
- Overtime bidding:
- To derive true market value and prevent sniping
- Bidding can be extended by 10 mins if a bid is received in the last 10 minutes of an auction. Bidding continues until the last person stops bidding.
- Track who has placed bids
- Track when bids are made
- Run ‘winning bidders’ reports
- Delete bids
- Trace IP Address from where bid was placed
- Ban errant bidders from taking part in auctions
- Verify user’s name and addresses
- Control ability to upload items to the site – users can be prevented from adding lots if they are problematic
- Track when users register on the site
Emails alerts to bidders covering the following instances:
- Confirmation bids have been placed
- When they have been outbid
- Confirmation of autobids
- Bidding remains below reserve
- Registration confirmation
- Admin is copied in to any or all of these emails depending upon preference
Search – there are a number of ways users can locate lots for sale:
- Lots can be searched on a site wide basis
- Users can filters using the categories available in the navigation
- Lots can be searched filtered by category
- Content management - for general website pages such as About, Contact and Help pages. Other pages can be added too, to reflect the service being offered
- Featured lots – highlight valuable or unusual items for sale
- Featured auctions – highlight a particular overall sale to the bidders.
- Upload PDF documents, videos or any other type of file onto your site
- Set your own terms and conditions that have to be accepted before users can bid on the site.
- Categories - lots and news can be categorized in to sections
- Tagging - lots and news can be tagged using key words.
Branding & Layout:
- With our white label branding package, we offer a variety of custom changes to our Standard Layout.
- Manage users in the site’s admin section, including ability to block misbehaving bidders
- Create, manage and edit invoices and credit notes
- Create preview lots for lots that will be auctioned at a live event
- Bulk editing tool allows you to edit auction data in bulk
- Bulk uploader allows users to upload lots and other data en masse
- Data from the admin system can be exported for reporting purposes
- “Carousels” - can be added to the homepage, allowing you to display lots in a visually appealing manner